Literacy and Learning
First Lady Lori Otter is passionate about education and literacy. She is a former teacher and school administrator and spends much of her time as First Lady of Idaho promoting literacy and ways to improve learning opportunities for Idaho youth.
The First Lady is a board member of the Treasure Valley Reading Foundation, a Summer Reading Ambassador for the Idaho Association of Libraries, and a board member of the Idaho Governor's Cup Scholarship Fund.
She also collaborated with Boise State University to design and write two children's books, Ida Visits the Capitol and Ida Tours the 44, both created to help fourth graders learn about Idaho's history. The gifts to Idaho children also are educational resources for teachers and students.
In the News
- FIRST LADY: Students Come First invests in Idaho teachers
- Idaho First Lady's take on education reform (KTVB.com)
- First Lady congratulates top Apangea students
- Governor's Cup raises record amount for Idaho students to further their education
- First Lady Lori Otter, iKeepSafe and Qwest address family online safety
- "Literature in the Garden" with University of Idaho and the Idaho Botanical Garden